TikTok has undeniably taken the world by storm. With over a billion active users and an impressive algorithm that feeds users a stream of personalized content, it provides a digital playground that’s ripe for businesses looking to promote their offers. And Dating is no exception!
This article delves into how TikTok algorithms work, how to utilize this understanding to promote dating offers, and tips for optimizing your promotional efforts.
Let’s take a deep dive into these areas and revolutionize your approach to acquiring dating traffic on TikTok.
Why TikTok is Ideal for Driving Dating Traffic
What is it about dating services and TikTok that successfully attracts arbitrage specialists?
Reason #1: TikTok opens doors to a vast audience. The misconception that the majority of its users are teens has already been debunked; this platform is a valuable source of traffic from many age groups. All it takes is a creative approach to reach this diverse demographic.
Reason #2: TikTok’s primary focus is entertainment, and let’s face it, dating can be a lot of fun. This is where the entertainment platform and a profitable vertical align perfectly.
Reason #3: The platform’s mild moderation allows for the testing of various creatives in pursuit of those that resonate with the right audience.
Reason #4: TikTok can provide relatively free traffic, provided you devise an effective strategy to engage your audience and spark their interest.
Understanding TikTok’s Algorithms
Unfortunately, there’s no clear guidelines on how TikTok’s algorithms function as the platform doesn’t openly reveal them. However, we have several observations that can positively influence traffic to dating offers via TikTok.
Mainstream vs Casual Dating.
The former appears to work better. Mainstream dating creatives can simply include attractive individuals claiming their readiness to date, sharing their love story that began on a dating app, or recounting a humorous dating situation. In contrast, casual content requires more discretion, as nudity and explicit content are prohibited. Therefore, teasing creatives that draw users into a private chat or another social network, like Snapchat, are necessary. Thus, a TikTok audience funnel generally goes through three stages:
- You hook prospective traffic on TikTok with teasing content, which, importantly, contains absolutely no nudity, and suggest that the user follows a link for more. After watching the vid, the user understands that the most alluring scenes have been cut off and they should follow the link to access them. So, the creative must really grab their attention.
- Interested users land on a pre-landing where they are warmed up even more with lightly erotic content which primes them to be sent directly to the offer.
- You give them what you promised, be it a video culmination or whatever was hinted at, and then the dating offer itself.
Of course, short videos that are engaging and dynamic are what TikTok is all about. For our purposes, these need not necessarily be cut-offs from a professional film, they could also be webcam videos. Photos can also work out, if you play them up creatively: ensure decent quality, add a CTA, and don’t forget the music! The more user interaction your creative gets, the higher the chances it will go viral.
While we can’t place active links in publications or their descriptions, we can include an active link to your dating offer or pre-landing page in your account description. However, your account must be registered as a business page or a pro-account to leverage this feature. In this case, using a smartlink will be a good way to direct users to your best offers.
TikTok’s recommendation algorithm is a complex system that takes into account multiple factors, including user interaction and engagement time. So it considers whether users watch your content till the end, re-watch, like, save, share, or comment on it. The more engagement your post receives, the more views it will garner, leading to a “snowball effect” that allows you to reach a broader audience.
All in all, when forming recommendations, TikTok considers:
- User interactions: these include the videos a user has liked or shared, the accounts they follow, the comments they post, and the content they create. If a user frequently interacts with dating-related content, they’re more likely to be shown similar content in the future.
- Video details: information such as details of the videos, hashtags used, and the type of content all factor into the algorithm. If your video is about dating and uses relevant tags, it’s more likely to reach users interested in this topic.
- Device and account settings: information like location, language preference, and device type also impact what videos are shown to the user.
Understanding these factors will allow you to create and share content that resonates with your target audience.
Optimizing your Promotional Efforts
Once you’ve started promoting your dating offers on TikTok, it’s crucial to monitor your efforts and adjust your strategy based on their performance.
- Conduct A/B tests: experiment with different content formats, captions, hashtags, and posting times to see what works best for your audience.
- Analyze metrics: use TikTok’s analytics to understand your audience better, see which videos are performing well, and adapt your content strategy accordingly.
- Engage with your audience: respond to comments, like and share user-generated content, and foster an active community around your dating service.
By understanding the intricacies of TikTok algorithms, creating engaging content, and continuously optimizing your efforts, you can successfully promote dating offers to the TikTok audience. Keep in mind that consistency and creativity are key in standing out in the crowded TikTok universe!